Oh my oh my, this was the BOMB! Did I mention this was the BOMB already? No?! Okay, well this is the bomb! :P
You only need a few simple ingredients, a good blender, a pan- and this absolutely delicious breakfast (or dessert or whatever you want to serve it as :P) will be done in 10 minutes only. If you’re quick you might make it in 7.5. It took me like 20 minutes though because before I added the Staccia-Caramel mixture into the jars I already ate half of it (with the tiniest spoon haha) which means I had to make so more..
If you’re wondering why Stracciatella? Cacao nibs is the secret. Why Caramel? Medjool dates make magic caramel taste happen guys. Mejdool dates are honestly the real deal! Anyways, try it and meet me in heaven! Adiosss amigos! :P
(Uups forgot something- the only thing you need to prepare in advance is get some super ripe & spotty brown bananas, peel them, cut them into slices, add into little bags & freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours. I suggest to always have enough frozen bananas in the freezer though so that you always have some on hand. Plus- they make life so much better & creamier haha!)
Let’s get to the recipe ladies & gentleman!
Stracciatella-Caramel “Ice-Dream” w/ a 5-minute Amaranth-Almond Crunch
SERVES 2 / GF, DF, VGN, RSF
FOR THE CRUNCH
6 tbsp amaranth puffs
2 tbsp almond slivers or splits
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
FOR THE STRACCIA-DATE ICE-DREAM
3 ripe bananas, frozen & cut into slices
3 medjool dates, pitted
150 ml almond or soymilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp cacao nibs
(I added some coconut blossom sugar as well because I like it sweet!;)
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and thaw for a few minutes until you can stick through them with a sharp knife. (in order not to break your blender.)
- Fot the crunch, add amaranth puffs up to and including maple syrup into a large frying pan, stir until well combined and turn up the heat to medium. Stir from time to time and toast until golden brown for about 6-8 minutes. Take off the heat, add into a bowl to let cool. (once it’s cooled down it will be crunchy)
- Add the bananas, medjool dates, nut milk, vanilla & almond butter into the blender & blend until smooth & creamy to an ice-cream like consistency.
- Now add the cacao nibs to the mixture and blend again for about 10-20 seconds. You still want little pieces of the nibs in there to give it the “stracciatella” touch, so make sure not to blend it for too long.
- Add the Straccia-Caramel mixture into the jars (or just 1 jar all for yourself :P), top with the amaranth-almond crunch, berries of choice & cacao nibs and enjoy rigth away.
- BUT- the most important step: take a long spoon, dive all the way to the bottom so that you have a little bit of everything on your spoon, close your eyes and enjoy!! (and wish for it never to be empty. (didn’t work when I tried it..:P)Bon Appetit!